[squeak-dev] gstreamer on the mac?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Apr 23 22:13:29 UTC 2008

Various folks have asked can't we have GStreamer on os-x?
Well yes if you care to install a hundred packages in a terminal
session.

But what if you statically link everything?

Ok I tried that, I get a binary that links fine, but sadly after
gstreamer is initialized, when we try to load
a GStreamer plugin we get

(<unknown>:11870): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2242:
initialization assertion failed, use g_type_init() prior to this
function

The obvious thing would be toput  g_type_init() in the GStreamer
initialization, not that it's needed when it's dynamically linked,
well yes I've done that, and still no go.

I'm wondering if anyone wants to help, I can supply the XCode package,
or of course you can use the GStreamer makefile with the
needed linker statements to build a binary.

  --
=
=