[squeak-dev] Install on Debian / Ubuntu binary-amd64

José Luis Redrejo jredrejo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 06:22:36 UTC 2008

2008/4/24 Edward Stow <ed.stow at gmail.com>:

> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez
> <m.coba.m at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >  I use squeak inside a chroot as per instructions here:
> >

> http://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html
> >
> >  as there is no 64 bit perfect setup for squeak
> >
> >  I installed squeak inside the chroot with the repositories from
> squeak.org
> > (section other OSes)
> >
> >  hope this help
>
> Yes is does -- it does confirm that a simple install is not available
> for amd64 architecture.  By simple, I mean  sudo apt-get install
> squeak.

If you use Debian, just use:
apt-get install squeak-vm

squeak-vm is an official Debian package and it's available for several
architectures (including amd64) in Debian lenny and sid since March, 5th:
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/squeak-vm

It was announced in this list the day it was accepted.

Regards
José L