[squeak-dev] Re: Install on Debian / Ubuntu binary-amd64
ed.stow at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 01:16:25 UTC 2008
Debian etch amd64 squeak redux.
1. http://ftp.squeak.org/debian does not contain debs for amd64 architecture.
2. Norbert Hartl has provided a package for the squeak-vm at
this can be installed after downloading
> dpkg -i squeak-vm-i686_0.1ubuntu1_amd64.deb
You will also need the SqueakV3.9.sources and an image file from
squeak-vm will look for these files in the same directory used to
start squeak-vm when started as:
> squeak-vm <your.image>
See http://www.squeakvm.org/unix/doc/squeak.html for command line arguments.
3. Debian lenny includes squeak-vm on amd64 architecture.
4. Also note that ubuntu 8.04 also has squeak-vm. (untried as yet)
5. This issue has been reported on Mantis at
and I have been asked to ask for others that know how to contribute to
making available suitable package on ftp.squeak.org/debian.
>From my limited knowledge of deb packages the basics are already
available : Norbets deb plus the other i386 packages are needed to be
More information about the Squeak-dev