[squeak-dev] Re: Process bug introduced in 3.10

bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 27 22:12:29 UTC 2008

stephane ducasse writes:
 > Bryce
 > which version of 3.9?
 > The latest I created with the fixes of andreas? 3.9.1
 > or the one before, because I have the impression that the latest 3.9.1
 > has the same fixes than
 > 3.10. So may be there is a problem with the fixes I harvested too.
 > Can you check? I'm travelling right now.

The original 3.9 version. But some other problems have gotten better
so the fixes are probably a net improvement even if they are involved
with my lock-ups which hasn't yet been proven. I'd wait until these
problems are fixed before doing anything, at this stage we don't know
what's causing them. It's easy to reproduce, so should be debuggable.

One thing that's gotten better is the tests now clear up all Exupery's
processes which they start. Profiling processes used to build up in
the image slowly in 3.9. I assumed that was due to a failing in one of
my tests, but given it's not happening in 3.10 it may either be due to
this test, or be fixed by Andreas's fixes.

Bryce