[squeak-dev] Squeak on Linux

Flying Dutchman ted at tedbracht.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 17:13:47 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I'm sure I'm missing something but I just can't get Squeak to run on Linux.
I'm following the INSTALL notes so run /bin/sh INSTALL and it keeps on
telling me that it can't find the binaries/libraries for
i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld. I get this both on Mandrake Spring 2007 (running
Gnome) and Puppy Linux (a very fast very slim Linux) which uses Xorg and
Xversa as windows managers.
Should I pick up some other binaries/libraries or is there something else I
have to do?
I've tried numerous different versions of the vm (3.0, 3.6, 3.9) but all
with the same result.
Thanks for any pointers
Ted