[squeak-dev] Re: The solution of (Was: Creating an image from first principles)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Aug 6 20:48:20 UTC 2008

Ok, well I was talking to someone a few weeks about this idea of
building an image from an XML file, I'm wondering how important it is
to anyone?

Likely such a system would allow you to build the same exact image
from a description of a versioned target, also of course give you the
ability to diff between two versions and exactly know what the image
differences are.

But I think in the past it's not been an important idea?