[squeak-dev] Re: Getting that Silver Squeak badge

Jimmie Houchin j.squeak at cyberhaus.us
Fri Aug 8 03:47:01 UTC 2008

tim Rowledge wrote:

>> Ken> Tim Rowledge is the originator and, as far as I'm aware, still the
>> Ken> controller of the badges.  Perhaps he can provide an update on that
>> Ken> project and perhaps someone from ESUG can tell us if badges will be
>> Ken> available at the ESUG conference.  You might also want to ask on the
>> Ken> ESUG mailing list.
>>
>> I have a big stash of the silver and gold badges.  I don't know if I
>> have the
>> entire stash though.  Am I supposed to be mailing these out to people?
> Certainly someone should provide one to Danie; I didn't get any sort of
> notification of his donation which means perhaps there have been others
> that got no badge when they deserve one.
>
> Right now I believe that Randal, Stephane, myself and Andrew Black have
> caches of badges available.  Randal, feel free to get Danie's address
> and mail one to him.

 From my experience I believe there might be quite a few who donated and
did not receive. Provided there are quite a few who donated.

I know I donated back on March 6, and never received a badge.
(I had to have my wife look it up as I used her PayPal account as I
don't have one, so she is actually listed as the contributor :)
I wasn't worried about as that was not my motivation for donating.
However, at some point I would love to have a badge for my beloved
Squeak. :)   And I do plan on contributing again. :)

Also, I looked today to find out how I donated on the Squeak website. I
think the donate links are to far down hierarchically.

You have to go to
http://www.squeak.org
--> Foundation
-------------> Support Squeak

3 clicks to get to something that I thing should at a minimum be
accessible on the front page if not every page. Support Squeak everywhere.

I normally would not click on the Foundation link as I am not new to the
community or Squeak. And hopefully us long term users who would not
click on any of the above are the ones most likely to click on the
Support Squeak link.

The only way I found the above today was seeing it in any email about
the Box-Admins.

Shouldn't be so hard for a long-time Squeaker.

Just wanted to share my experience, so you can know what potentially is
happening elsewhere.

Jimmie