[squeak-dev] [ANN] Monticello 2.0.17

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Mon Aug 11 14:33:12 UTC 2008

On 11-Aug-08, at 3:38 AM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> - Would it be possible to include the documentation directly inside
> MC2 so that it is maintainable? I particularly think about tools
> documentation. You may want to add a Documentation command which
> displays the documentation.

That's a good idea. A super-simple in-image wiki that could then
export the documentation as HTML. Perhaps for 2.1.

> - Do you accept code and fixes? Through which process?

Of course. The process is a little awkward because of the lack of a
network-accessible repository. I'll make a repository file available
so people can load the Monticello project, and you can send me
contributions as mcr files. I'll integrate the contributions and
repost the master repository.

> - Why is there no timestamp associated with methods included in MC2? I
> suspect you used MC2 to generate 1-Monticello2.st :-)

Yes, both .st files are fileouts from an MC2 snapshot. There should be
timestamps... I'll consider this the first bug report.

> - What about writing the documentation in the MC2 wiki
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5624 instead of adding it to the zip
> file?

Well, I do want to make the docs available on the net, but I actually
quite like this form of distribution. I think its important to give
people a little more context than we usually do with Squeak dev tools.
For those of us already active in the squeak community, it's pretty
easy to find stuff - squeaksource, squeakmap, the wiki and ask
questions on this list. For everyone else, it's far from obvious, and
I like the idea of a single download that has everything you need to
get started.

Colin