[squeak-dev] Curl

danil osipchuk danil.osipchuk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 09:33:47 UTC 2008

> Yes i was concerned about hacking out the query as well.
>
> If you can point me to how to build the plugin on the Mac with the latest
> libcurl, I'd test it out.
>
> I guess john could help me.  I've built plugins before, but everytime I go
> near vmmaker I get the hives.
>
> I think the feature added in 7.17.1 is to be used:

 CURLOPT_COPYPOSTFIELDS
              Pass a char * as parameter, which should be  the  full  data  to
              post  in an HTTP POST operation. It behaves as the
*CURLOPT**_**POST-*
              *FIELDS* option, but the original data are copied by the  library,
              allowing  the  application  to overwrite the original data after
              setting this option.

But to do so one also has to rewrite CurlPlugin side and this plugin is not
easiest to build because of it's dependencies. I will update code on
squeaksource (last version there compiles against 7.17 and the current
version of libcurl is 7.18), meanwhile I suggest to hack the Curl>post to
get desired behaviour.