[squeak-dev] Re: Traits strangeness

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 20:15:03 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 01:06:33PM -0500, itsme213 wrote:
> >I have been beset by some trait strangeness. ...
> > In between were some round trips to monticello ...
>
> I started a fresh 3.9 dev image and tried to load my code with traits from
> monticello, got an error when monticello got to my trait.

Did you do anything to Monticello in between starting the fresh
image and installing your package?

If not, perhaps try upgrading to MC1.5, and see if that fixes
it. Here's how:
http://installer.pbwiki.org/LevelPlayingField

What package is this? How can I reproduce this problem? I'll try
to fix it if you have a package that breaks.

Traits and Monticello are not well tested at all. We have
already found several bugs in MC surrounding Traits and fixed
them in 1.5