[squeak-dev] How to find...?

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Wed Aug 20 22:42:52 UTC 2008

  Hello,

  I've been looking at the relicensing agreement issue, and trying to
make better mapping from the initial to the person.  It is almost
straightforward if it is not in the preparation of 3.9 time; I have
all changes in the update stream so I can grep and look at the
preamble and find it out.  (I built a little browser so that you can
visit all old versions, more or less similar to Maurice has, I
believe).

  However, in the 3.9 era the changeset typically looks like:

|repository|
repository := MCHttpRepository
                location: 'http://source.squeakfoundation.org/39a'
                user: ''
                password: ''.
(repository loadVersionFromFileNamed: 'ScriptLoader-sd.183.mcz') load.

and cannot get the great detail.  For example, if I would like to find
out who 'tp' is in the following method:

!DependentsArray methodsFor: 'copying' stamp: 'tp 7/6/2006 11:11'!
size
	^self inject: 0 into: [ :count :dep | dep ifNil: [ count ] ifNotNil: [ count + 1 ]]! !

What is the best way?

-- Yoshiki