[squeak-dev] How to find...?

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Thu Aug 21 20:59:46 UTC 2008

> According to Michael:
>
> <michaell> jp is Joseph Pelrine
> <kencausey> michaell: Oh?  Is that from Samuel?
> <michaell> no that's from me, i know both of them well
> <kencausey> michaell: And it makes sense Joseph would have worked on
> SUnit code that would have been incorporated into Squeak?
> <michaell> yep. Joseph was the maintainer of SUnit for a long while, in
> fact, in theory, is still the current maintainer.
> <michaell> Sam worked on SUnit before Joseph and handed it to Joseph
> many moons ago.
> <michaell> before that, Kent Beck made it.
> <michaell> All of the code is public domain
> <kencausey> michaell: I see, great, thanks for the info
> <michaell> Joseph made SUnit cross-smalltalk, which is how it got
> "everywhere"
> <kencausey> michaell: Do you think his metaprog.com email address is
> still valid?
> <michaell> yep
>
> That is jpelrine at metaprog.com

  Ah, that was interesting.  I was told that there was previous
conversation with Joseph and he actually replied to say "he has never
contributed to Squeak".  That is true in a sense that he didn't
publish it for Squeak, but it is in the image.

  Joseph, if you don't mind, could you also agree to make it public
under the MIT license, and just a gesture could you sign:

http://netjam.org/squeak/SqueakDistributionAgreement.pdf

and send it via a physical letter or FAX or scanned PDF to Viewpoints
or me?  It somehow doesn't matter whether the intended license was SqL
or not...  At least the signed document would make it clear.

  Thank you very much!