[squeak-dev] How to find...?

jecel at merlintec.com jecel at merlintec.com
Fri Aug 22 00:38:29 UTC 2008

>From early 1999 to at least 2004 Dan Ingalls sent many reports to this list
about what changes had been included in the official image. The first line
had the name of the change set (starting with a number), the name of the
author and the date. Almost always the last part of the change set's name
was the author initials, so I generated the following report:

http://paste.lisp.org/display/65680

I started by extracting the first line of each change from the emails and
then cleaned that up. Based on the numbering not all changes made it to my
list. This file itself might be interesting to some people so it might be a
good idea to upload it to the wiki.

The next step was extracting the second and fourth element (separated by
"-") in each line. Some change sets have no second part while others have
multiple initials. I manually removed most of the resulting noise but left
duplication where the same name was spelled a bit differently or the
initials appeared as both lower case and upper case.

This makes me think that 'md\' is probably Marcus Denker. My list didn't
help with any of the other initials.

-- Jecel