[squeak-dev] How to find...?

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri Aug 22 21:02:10 UTC 2008

At Fri, 22 Aug 2008 15:49:33 -0500,
Ken Causey wrote:

> Oh, and let me add that it is my understanding, and please correct me if
> I'm wrong, that even between the times that sources were condensed and
> new .sources files were issued, the changes themselves were condensed
> and the version history was pruned within the changes file itself.  My
> point being that I'm not aware of any single file, or relatively small
> number of files that truly represents all contributors.  In fact I doubt
> any such thing exists even if you took into account all the .sources
> files and all the .changes files that were ever released because at some
> point and time a condensation was done during a release, I strongly
> suspect.

http://ftp.squeak.org/history/updates.zip
and
http://ftp.squeak.org/updates/

have all changesets, and for the Etoys branch, squeakland.org and
tinlizzie.org have others. (except some packages like Connectors that
weren't brought in to the image as changesets).

  For the Etoys part, I have an image that holds all of these changes
in a dictionary of dictionary (170MB of image) and I can browse all of
them in Browser/VersionBrowser like tools.

-- Yoshiki