[squeak-dev] How to find...?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Aug 22 23:41:51 UTC 2008

To help me keep track I'm going to update the below with what we have
worked out so far.

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 19:36 -0700, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> missingSignatories
> "This is a list of all Squeak contributors who have not returned a signed distribution agreement.
>
> Aug 21st  2008
>
> ---
>
> initials         name"
> ^ #(
> 'abc'              '?'

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-August/131065.html

Matthew and Keith theorize that this may be someone at Pinesoft.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-August/131079.html

Colin points out that 'abc' is used for test cases by Monticello.  It
appears, for example, in several submissions in

http://ftp.squeak.org/updates/6673Monticello-bf.cs

These initials occur only on Monticello methods but over a period of 2
years (2/13/2004 - 2/16/2006).  I also see it in a few more recent cases
with MC 1.5.  This suggests that 'abc' may have been a mistake due to a
tearDown that was not run and may in fact represent more than one
person.

> 'cE'               '?'

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-August/131070.html

Awaiting feedback from Marcus Denker.

> 'chronograph'               '?'

I'm unable to find this in any update or sources file.

> 'de'               '?'

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-August/131071.html
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-August/131072.html

Andreas plausibly suggests this is a typo for 'sw' aka Scott Wallace.

> 'drm'              '?'

I'm also unable to find these initials.

> 'edt'              '?'

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-August/131029.html

Possibility this came in with PlusTools, hoping Andreas has an idea
about it.

> 'EP'               '?'
> 'NDCC'             '?'
> 'YE'               '?'

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-August/131024.html

These are all on collection tests and around the same time period.  I
suggested this might be a student of Stephane or Marcus.  Marcus doesn't
claim them, waiting for a response from Stephane.

> 'EW'               '?'

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-August/131025.html

Appears to be Etan Wexler.

> 'jj'               '?'

Mathew and Jecel have been investigating this one.  This seems to appear
only in cases where John Maloney (jm) also appears and only on one date
(10/20/97) for a period of little more than an hour.  And it is noted
that 'm' is very close to 'j' on the keyboard, so maybe this is a typo?
Additionally Jecel notes that in cases where a method with 'jj' initials
appears in 1.31, the same method appears in 1.23 unchanged but with
author initials of 'jm'.

> 'm'                '?'
> 'md\'              'Marcus Denker?'

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-August/131050.html
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-August/131049.html

Marcus has claimed both of these.

> 'pad'		'?'

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-August/131049.html

Yoshiki theorized this is Pierre-Andre Dreyfuss.

> 'squeak'           '?'

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-August/131078.html
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2001-August/027201.html

Henrik Gedenryd it seems.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-August/131082.html

Not much to go on here yet.

This appears on only one method which seems to be the only submission in
Kernel-sd.132 in http://source.squeakfoundation.org/39a/:

Name: Kernel-sd.132