[squeak-dev] How to find...?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Sun Aug 24 19:29:38 UTC 2008

Let me clarify: when all updates (001-7179 plus tinlizzie and
squeakland), all sources, all available 1.x changes files are searched
with

# grep -riA1 " stamp: 'cE " .

the only result is

./5683Tests-md.cs.lf:!FlapsTest methodsFor: 'initialize-release' stamp:
'cE 10/10/2003 19:08'!
./5683Tests-md.cs.lf-setUp
--
./5683Tests-md.cs.lf:!FlapsTest methodsFor: 'initialize-release' stamp:
'cE 10/10/2003 19:08'!
./5683Tests-md.cs.lf-tearDown
--
./5683Tests-md.cs.lf:!FlapsTest methodsFor: 'testing' stamp: 'cE
10/12/2003 19:54'!

So as far as I can tell these methods were not in the image prior to
this update.

But, on the one hand, since this email Jecel has identified cE as
Christian Eitner.  So there is no longer any question regarding the
identity behind cE.

On the other hand, now that I look at this result again, and now that we
include the SqueakLand, etc. updates in this search, why are we
concerned about 'cE'?  It doesn't appear this code was ever distributed
in a released image.  FlapsTest is itself not found anywhere else but
this update.  Can't we just cross cE off the list?  Or does an update
alone count?

Ken