[squeak-dev] how to tell when Squeak's GUI is active?

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Tue Aug 26 23:33:34 UTC 2008

Hi--

      I'm using Growl/Snarl[1] to post notifications from Squeak. Of
course, they're somewhat annoying when Squeak is already the active host
application. Is there some way to tell whether Squeak is in the
foreground or background, as far as the host window system is concerned?
  I only care about getting the user's attention when some other host
application's GUI is active (and thus possibly obscuring Squeak's GUI).

       thanks!

-C

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growl_(software)