[squeak-dev] Searching for WinCE 1.0 Squeak VM port

Ben Goetter goetter at mazama.net
Wed Aug 27 15:59:57 UTC 2008

Note that a Windows CE 1.0 device will not run PocketPC (based on CE 3.0
et seq) executables, nor even CE 2.0.

Vladimir, good luck locating a VM for that ancient thing.  It'd be a
good way to get use out of a 1.0 device.  Note that building an
executable for a CE 1.0 image today is an exercise in archaeology: you'd
need to locate 12 year old copies of the MSDN distro CDs, abusing a
WinNT host machine with a succession of old compilers and toolkits and
patches to same.  I'm sure you don't want to do that.