[squeak-dev] Re: Number readFrom: can we remove some "accidental"features

Alejandro F. Reimondo aleReimondo at smalltalking.net
Sun Aug 31 21:33:36 UTC 2008

Hi!

>> { 0.2.3.4.5.6 } printString '#(0.2 3.4 5.6)'

Under my eyes, the problem is related with
 the non-smalltalk syntax of braces...
The problem is a side effect of queueing
 sentences in a pseudo-array notation
 (remove the braces and the ambiguity
 vanishes).

IMO, all said to non-st numeric notation is
 correct, and the same work (of remotion)
 must be done on {....} syntax.
The same is applicable to ifNil:... and friends
 because it promote the idea (in newbies) that
 it is better to write faster...

cheers,
Ale.