[squeak-dev] Kernel Extensions Missing in Web Dev Image 3.10

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Thu Dec 4 11:27:49 UTC 2008

Damien Cassou wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Thomas Kowark <thomas.kowark at gmx.de> wrote:
>> I have tried the latest one from your website (sq3.10.2-7179web08.11.1).
>> Downloaded it today.
>> The error is MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>select:.
>> objects seems to be nil here for some reason.
>
> I thought the bug was fixed by Kent but it does not seem to be the
> case. I contacted him to see what happens.

Ehm, who is Kent? Ken? Anyway, I presume this is the same issue we
discussed the other day and no, haven't fixed it yet BUT there is a
simple workaround:

Before opening the loader, make sure to run another Squeak image in the
same directory and open/update the SqueakMap package loader in that image.

This will make sure you have a subdir called "sm" with a map.xxx.sqz
file in it. ....or just copy the "sm" dir from some other directory
where you have a working SqueakMap image.

regards, Göran

PS. Will hopefully soon make a fix release to get this solved.