[squeak-dev] Re: package universes, sake/packages, (first time) user experiences, etc.

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Dec 5 21:12:53 UTC 2008

On 05/12/2008, at 16:32, Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc. wrote:

> Squeak definitely needs a good strong leader, or at least a
> cohesive leadership, with a good and hopefully popular vision of
> where the core is going and how it's going to get there, and I
> think now with the "basic" default image being one without
> everything pre-loaded this vision has to stretch out over the basic
> package management issues too.

But we don't have a good strong leader.

Hopes of many was when Dan say he wish be on Board.

Now I sit on his chair (because maybe nobody with better
qualification is at hand ?).

You should be new, so don't know about Pirates or Failed Unification
of all Forks (Open meeting regarding the Squeak Release Team, look
for this)

This days all have his own image and some go Pharo, some go Damien
dev, no idea who is going Squeakland or EToys or Sophie or Scratch or...

Maybe we becoming Linux ? With thousands of distributions on some
similar core ?

Ketih and Matthew said they made 3.11 .

Craig said he made Spoon.

Where are they ? Could you use ?

I have my pet , SqueakLightIi, based on years of work, RUNNING.

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6056
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6098

I have FunSqueak RUNNING

Edgar

P.S. I don't said running at 110% as you wish,
For this I ask  zillions gold coins , like the other Board member who
leaves we in the dark and crying :-)