[squeak-dev] Re: package universes, sake/packages,
(first time) user experiences, etc.
siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 20:44:14 UTC 2008
2008/12/5 David Mitchell <david.mitchell at gmail.com>:
> Pharo is active and producing the Smalltalk that I always wanted.
- there is no human resources to support bloated image(s) by single
team, and i hope that Pharo guys understand this clearly and never
turn back to strategy of maintaining big-fat bloated images. It should
be clear, where ends Pharo and where starts package(s) developed and
maintained by independent developers/teams.
- i think that somewhere in crosshatching Pharo and Spoon lies a golden spot:
- having well integrated old-style image (Pharo)
- but also be very agile/modular (Spoon).
- IMO, first and ultimately , squeak needs better modularity to move on.
- only when we solve the first problem, it would be much easier to
come up with better integration solutions (packaging tools)
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.
More information about the Squeak-dev