[squeak-dev] How to Drag the Scenery

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.com
Mon Dec 8 19:59:59 UTC 2008

I would like to implement a kind of portal class where the portal is a
viewer into a PasteUpMorph which is possibly much larger than the portal.
The PasteUpMorph is a submorph of the portal (and the portal itself is
likely a subclass of PasteUpMorph). The portal will have "active borders" a
few pixels wide. The behavior I want to implement will work like this:

If a drag is started from inside the border, it drags the underlying
PasteUpMorph with it.

I need some suggestions of code to read as an example of how to do this.

-Thanks in advance, Jim