[squeak-dev] The state of Squeak I18n support: let's improve it

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Tue Dec 9 06:49:45 UTC 2008

At Sat, 6 Sep 2008 16:35:38 +0200,
Katerina Barone-Adesi wrote:

> What half-works:
> - Japanese input.  I can type with Anthy+Skim and see hiragana
> correctly, but as soon as I press space or enter, everything but the
> first character turns into gibberish (not Kanji - accented Latin
> characters and unicode missing-character boxes).  I don't think it's a
> font problem, as it looks ok while I'm inputting it, and when I switch
> to Japanese, all of the menus show up properly in Japanese.

  For this, I made an image side patch.  I can't think of anything
that has changed since when I was testing stuff on Fedora 7 (and it
worked) and Fedora 9 (I observed the problem you described), so this
behavior may be depending on different version of Anthy and/or SCIM.
But it seems to be working (and looks logical) with this patch.

  Please try it and let me know how it goes.

-- Yoshiki