[squeak-dev] Freeze when exploring Dictionary with nontrivial size :(

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Fri Dec 12 10:05:30 UTC 2008

Hi list,

150'000 entries. When inspecting the dict then GC seems to get involved
during scrolling :( even when no entry is selected.

But when exploring it, the first click just consumes CPU and alt-. shows
debugger but the .image is already frozen :(

I can imagine that I'm not the first one who runs into explorer+dictionary
freeze. Is there a cure, a fast+easy dictionary implementation for Squeak?

TIA

/Klaus

--
"If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it".
Albert Einstein