[squeak-dev] what assembler should I use?

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 12:47:57 UTC 2008

Hi Eliot,

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know Ian has written the exact framework I need
> but in C.  Are there any other candidates?
> Ian, how difficult would it be to translate your framework (ccg?) into
> Smalltalk so that it can be translated back into C via Slang?  My guess is
> not too hard.  Have you got a pointer to an up-to-date ccg?  Also, what
> other ISAs does it target?

the ccg documentation looks as if ccg also was oriented towards
textual assembly representations... maybe I'm getting it wrong.

There's Ian's Jolt compiler, which is written in the "Pepsi" language;
it generates native code. Could that be what you mean with
"up-to-date"? (Entry point at
http://piumarta.com/svn2/idst/trunk/function/jolt-burg/.)

Best,

Michael