[squeak-dev] Re: not everyone _can_ be a package czar!

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Dec 16 07:31:15 UTC 2008

Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> No, only with one, the guy who take the rol with enough consensus of
> community.
> Once we have , we know someone care for begginners and not only for
> people with years of this.

What exactly stops anyone from being the de-facto packages czar? Given
that this is a problem with 3.10 and that you are the de-facto release
team leader I see nobody more qualified to address the problem that
caused this entire thread than you.

What would the package czar do in this situation? Why can't you do it?
If there is any particular reason (or more than one) why you can't do
this currently (and this includes both "objective" reasons like access
controls as well as "subjective" reasons like community acceptance, lack
of quality time etc) I'd like to learn about the issues involved.

Cheers,
   - Andreas