[squeak-dev] Re: worst crash yet trying to load stuff from Packages Universe in 3.10.2....

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 21:23:53 UTC 2008

> The kinds of conflicts I've found are _TRIVIAL_ to find.  Just LOAD
> EVERYTHING.  If you can't then something MUST be kicked out of the
> PU.  Someone can fix the conflict later if they want the official
> "release" PU to include that something.
Unfortunately that's an unrealistic test for Package Universes.

There are sometimes two versions of the same or similar item, e.g 3
different Magma installations.
Sometimes more than two versions of the same thing are present for
various reasons.
And finally you cant load 3 different Monticello's with Monticello.

Keith