[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] ConflictFinder (help needed!)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Dec 18 05:23:02 UTC 2008

Keith Hodges wrote:
> Cool little tool!
>>
>> It prints the analysis to the transcript by default but you can
>> override its log file appropriately. Since I didn't know how to get
>> the universe browser to load stuff automatically, I decided to
>  Installer universe install: 'SmallDEVS'.

Thanks. Anyone who is interested can try running this first:

HTTPSocket httpFileIn: 'installer.pbwiki.com/f/LPF.st'.
Installer mantis bug: 6980 fix:
'SystemDictionary-recreateSpecialObjectsArray-M6980.st'.
FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: 'ConflictFinder.st'.

then SAVE YOUR IMAGE and now the actual test:

pkgNames := Installer universe universe allPackages asArray shuffledBy:
Random new.
pkgActions := pkgNames collect:[:pkg| pkg -> (MessageSend receiver:
Installer universe selector: #install: arguments: {pkg})].
logName := (FileDirectory default nextNameFor: 'conflicts' extension:
'txt').
logFile := FileStream newFileNamed: logName.
[finder := ConflictFinder new.
finder logFile: logFile.
finder findConflictsIn: pkgActions] ensure:[logFile close].

You will have to watch it since there's a ton of packages that require
interactions (we might be able to fix that by providing the "right"
answers for non-interactive load later).

Cheers,
   - Andreas