[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] ConflictFinder (help needed!)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Dec 19 04:02:40 UTC 2008

Tim Johnson wrote:
> This is awesome.  Totally needed.  Thanks.  I would like to help.  Where
> should I submit reports?

Probably on a web page. Although I think we should work a little more on
the process before this is truly useful. The things I would like to be
done (and I won't get around to do this myself so I do need help here)
in roughly this order are:

[ ] Find a good name for the integration testing project. I want a
Squeaksource project for it but I can't for the hell think of a good
name. Any ideas?

[ ] Following dependencies. Really Important (tm). I noticed yesterday
that the alleged conflict in StringMorph>>minHeight between SmallDEVS
and Polymorph really came from Connectors (a dependency of SmallDEVS).
Anyone out there who knows how to get dependencies out of the package
universe?

[ ] Providing the "right" answers automatically during the load via
#valueSupplyingAnswers: for each package. Also Really Important (tm).
What needs to be done here is that we need to load each package, record
the questions and their answers and compile a list of those.

[ ] Run the tests for each package. Conflict finding is nice but we
really should be running the tests after loading each package so that we
can find other problems. This is simple - we can just run all tests in
the system after loading each package, notice any newly failing tests
and blame the latest load package.

[ ] Do a nice PASS/FAIL report for loading, conflicts and tests in HTML
so that we can link to the individual problems. What I'm thinking here
is just a plain html table with FAIL being an internal link that goes to
the end of the page. This is pretty straightforward too.

Cheers,
   - Andreas