[squeak-dev] Re: Resume Problems

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Fri Dec 19 10:56:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:51:01 +0100, Zulq wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Perhaps I am misunderstanding the behaviour of
>
> I have a class SoupTag which holds a dictionary of attributes and a
> collection of children which are also soup tags.
>
> As a shorthand for attribute access, SoupTag implements:
> But all I get is infinite recursion from the doesNotUnderstand. I think
> this should work as this little test demonstrates:
>
> [('abc' + 1) + 1]
>    on: MessageNotUnderstood
>    do: [:e | e resume: 1] " prints 2 "

Nah, the result has nothing to do with #on:do: resuming with 1, you better
try

[('abc' + 1) + 1]
    on: MessageNotUnderstood
    do: [:e | e resume: -1]

which still says 2. This because someone, behind you back, put #asNumber
arithmethic into ByteString ... now this attempts (Number readFrom: 'abc')
which gives 0 for your +1 +1 and so 2.

You may want to start DNU testing with ('abc' break; + 1) and then see
where it goes.

HTH.

/Klaus

--
"If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it".
Albert Einstein