[squeak-dev] [ANN] Maui 1.1

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 02:31:51 UTC 2008

Wow.  This looks really interesting.

I have been working with a company, MioSoft (www.miosoft.com), who built
their own development suite, Miocon, which they use for business data
problems.  It has a whole set of tools to quickly bring together data from
multiple sources (even the SAME data from multiple sources with context
resolution rules, etc...) into a single "context" (i.e. Object Model).

It is written in VisualWorks, and I mention this only because they also
wrote their own web development UI that allows for direct mapping back to
the persistent objects, and I find it works very well for that kind of
problem.  Everyone wants to build a web designer UI on a web page, but I
thought their VW UI really got the job done for what they are trying to do.

So...to make a short story long...I think you could really have something
interesting if you could develop in Maui, and export the design to other
frameworks like Aida or Seaside like you hinted at on the last page of your
PDF.

Take care,

Rob