[squeak-dev] How to make a changeset to remove a method.

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 20:22:05 UTC 2008

How to make a changeset to remove a method.

Hi Tim,

This is to answer a question Tim Johnson posed in another thread.
I think the thread was on squeak-dev so I post it here.

Basicly,removing a method includes creating a changeset record.
So all you have to do is fileout the current changeset in the project
in which you removed the method.

Below is a recipe for making a new changeset with just the removal in it.

To make a changeset to remove a method:

Open a fresh morphic project.
Open a browser on the method you want to remove.
Remove it.
(the current change set now has the removal change record in it.)

Open a dual change sorter. ( the dualness is not important here.
 I have just never has occasion to open a single change sorter.)

Rename the changeset to something meaningful.
TextAnchorFix-tjp  for example.

Write a preamble for the changeset explaining what, why and how.

Save changeset.

You can now fileIn or install the removal change.
You can also use the dualChange sorter
 to combine the removal with other changeset changes.

I kind of remember this not being obvious to me the first time
I came across the need to report a removal as a fix.

hth,