[squeak-dev] Re: [Sq2.x] primitive 128 #elementsExchangeIdentityWith: fails

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Dec 31 17:57:59 UTC 2008

If you're running 2.x make sure you actually have enough free space for
the operation - I don't recall if we had dynamic memory growth in 2.x
and unless you specify sufficient memory the VM will start with a
default allocation (don't remember how much) and not grow. If that isn't
it, check if you have SmallInts or other objects in there that the VM
cannot become - this might simply be a bug in your porting process and
may have nothing to do with the become operation.

Cheers,
   - Andreas