Open meeting regarding the Squeak Release Team

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Feb 1 02:29:42 UTC 2008

El 1/31/08 9:10 PM, "Matthew Fulmer" <tapplek at gmail.com> escribió:

> In other words, we can't really start without you.

I'm unimportant.

Lets me paste here the same mail I send to release team mail list so all
here could have clues and give very important feedback.

> If people buy the idea of start from 3.8.2 , all could be easier.
> 3.8.2 don't have Monticello or Traits built into !
>
> I resume my idea , tested in private experiments.
>
> 1) Shrink from top, in same way as 3.10, cutting all we know could go to some
> repository and loaded again as if never was cut. Goal is going as close of
MinimalMorphic is possible now.

> 2) Add some I have now in FunSqueak, that is the Javier unistall, and some
> convenience code.
>
> 3) Run some Pavel code for we be sure have the latest 3.10 code .
>
> 4) Port all relevant code from all forks (OLPC, Sophie, Croquet, Squeakland,
> etc)
>
> 5) Decide of the .sources.
> I like the Maurice Raab scheme , but can't complete the process in Mac, XP or
> Linux.
> I send mails to both Ralph and Maurice, seems other people have success.
> Or I doing some stupid thing (wish know)
>
> 6) Agree with Steph and Sophie people which toys they advice how to have in
> Squeak
>
> 7) As a baby take 9 months, I said taking less is unwise, so if we start on
> 1/3/08, release must end before the year ends

And the last news is I could be on IRC and in Skype as edgardec from 8 a to
12 Argentina time (we are now -2 GMT)
Moving to new place was delayed one more week.

Cheers !