Editing class method sources in single place

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Fri Feb 1 12:36:30 UTC 2008

Hi Sophie,

on Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:28:06 +0100, you wrote:

> "Colin Putney" <cputney at wiresong.ca> wrote
>
>>> Absolutely, thank you. Even better would be to have all the torn-off
>>> bits
>>> available in one "working context" (such as a window) that you can
>>> minimize,
>>> maximize, close, etc. as one unit. Traditional file-based split editor
>>> windows are not the only alternative to N open browsers.
>>
>> It sounds to me like you're talking about being able to drag and drop
>> from one browser to another. Is that right?
>
> Not quite, just an actual grouped "working context" I can manipulate
> (e.g. a
> window) that treats as a group all the snippets/slices I want present
> for my
> current task.

You may perhaps want to try the attached. It contains a simple example of
a flat view on methods of both instance+class side and also a more complex
example on "what just *my* methods need from Stream+Array".

With the attached .st you can formulate more/other queries for your
"working context" in a simple query language (1-from, 2-where, 3-select)
which works with tuples (v.s. plain collections). Because I'm lazy the
examples open in a stock browser view ;-) see the screen shots.

Have fun and let me know if sort of this can improve the "current task"
experience (perhaps when redoing the related query as part of alt-s).

/Klaus