Morphic 3 architecture.

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Fri Feb 1 13:40:24 UTC 2008

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2008, at 7:17 , Jason Johnson wrote:
>
>> On Jan 31, 2008 9:10 PM, Michael van der Gulik <mikevdg at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I can never see the majority of people ever using the features you
>>> mention.
>>
>> +1.
>
> If we follow that argument we could get rid of a lot of stuff of what
> makes Squeak, Squeak.
>
> - Bert -

Exactly!

Since I knew about Squeak and started following its development, I've
been a bit disappointed by how little emphasis is put on what makes
Squeak Squeak. Also, I see a lot of cool new developer tools and
librariesbut very little progress about multimedia stuff (audio, video
and graphics).

Since the beginning, I was scared to put a lot of work in projects built
around Morphic (which, AFAIK, is one of the core ideas and one of the
most interesting things in Squeak). I perceived it as something that
would have been discarded, sooner or later.

Just my two cents, but it seems to me that Juan work is one of the few
promising projects in this direction.

-c.

--
www.cesaremarilungo.com