Aida/Web anniversaries

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Feb 1 16:51:34 UTC 2008

Dear Smalltalkers,

It is my pleasure to announce two anniversaries of Aida/Web web
application framework:

- 10 years of continuously running Aida/Web application: Gas Billing
System (GBS) for our national gas operator, surviving big business
changes like country tax system change to VAT, deregulation of EU energy
market, split of company to gas trader and gas transport operator, and
recently currency change to Euro. It is running on VisualWorks and
Gemstone/S;

- 1 year of our new website - see graph of first page visits on our website:

	http://www.aidaweb.si

Currently we have near 100 first page visits per day, which maps
roughly to 100 daily visitors. After June spike (announcement of Squeak
port), past month had a record visit. You can track statistics by
yourself here:

     http://www.aidaweb.si/stat.html

And conclusion? Aida/Web is becoming more and more known around and with
active and increasing community it is a good choice for web development
needs on many fields, from business applications to regular websites.
And we didn't say a final word yet. Stay tuned!

Janko Mivšek

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web