Meeting with Edgar notes

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 15:07:12 UTC 2008

>     traits and the other without. This just didn't arise in the
>     meeting

I think that this is missing a point. I may be reading what Andreas said
wrongly, and I am sure he will be quick to correct me if I am wrong.

I do not think that the issue is with the concept of traits or the fact
that traits work. It is the application of traits
 to the class/metaclass heirarchy which renders elements of it difficult
to understand.

I would like to see the concept of traits retained, and if it simplifies
things, extended to include stateful traits.
I would like for the concept of traits which enables the behaviour
defined by a class
to be an assembly of components to allow one of those components to be a
collection of Package extension-methods. So that extensions have a true
identity, as opposed to being one method with a '*' in its method category.

best regards

Keith