[squeakRos] [ANN] Open meeting regarding the Squeak Release Team

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Feb 2 21:33:32 UTC 2008

El 2/2/08 3:05 PM, "stephane ducasse" <stephane.ducasse at free.fr> escribió:

> We can remove them in may be 2 hours of
> work.

Take Squeak3.10.gamma.7159.image and please doit.
So we don't need start from 3.8.2.
Made a loadable package with it and a project on squeaksource.

And let the rest of mortals load it or not via Universes as we load any not
in base for 3.10.

Today I could load Pier without knowing nothing and be in business quickly.
Or load Graphviz and as bonus have OSProcess and CommandShell.
Or load the excellent musical system of Stephane Rollandin.

Sure I could do all this because nobody do hours of test and we have only a
few yellow from more as 2000.
And nobody have to buy used computers to run Mac , Windows XP and Linux for
all images and tests.
And nobody have to deal with crazyness of pseudo change sets loading
Monticello packages when same nobody say to Ralph we must use change sets
like all except guess which Squeak version

Give me a break.

If all are happy , I could do my way and share with buddies.
I don't force any to follow me.

Edgar