Complexity and starting over on the JVM

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Tue Feb 5 03:03:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 19:12:47 -0800, Paul D. Fernhout
<pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com> wrote:

> if Squeak can do so much more almost instantly in the hands of an
> expert. Now Squeak has many other amazing *successes*, and they are
> *amazing* successes (like Croquet or Seaside or eToys or Sophie or
> Scratch, etc.) -- but taming complexity for the average newbie (or even
> experienced Squeaker) is not one of them.

I agree but I'm not sure what that has to do with <-, though.

Honestly, I've taught kids the <- and they grasp it instantly. Funny
enough, when the image broke the <- and swapped it out for _, they still
got it. (Threw ME off, but they were fine.)