Complexity and starting over on the JVM

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Feb 5 08:26:28 UTC 2008

Hi!

> Why can't Squeak also be for us lazy people who are
> used to how the rest of the world does things, instead of sending us off to
> Python or Ruby or wherever? :-)

First of all, Squeak/Smalltalk is not "how the rest of the world does
things". If it was then it wouldn't be interesting. Sure, we can make
things better and easier etc, and AFAIK we do try all the time.

Secondly, and don't take this the wrong way - I am all for everyone
speaking his/her mind on *all* issues - but it is very easy to talk and
quite a bit different to do the walk. So along that thought - what would
*you* be prepared to help out with in all this? Because that is what it
will come down to at the end of the day. :) :)   (extra smileys added)

regards, Göran