#fork and deterministic resumption of the resulting process

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Feb 5 15:56:26 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Igor" == Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> writes:

Igor> Simply don't assume that any bit of code having chance to be executed
Igor> in process which created new process by issuing #fork before forked
Igor> process is actually started execution.

Yeah, my preliminary conclusion has been swayed in face of further evidence.
I don't see any way to fix even a common breakage around this.

  a := [something] fork

can never be guaranteed to put something into a before something
starts running.  it would violate what fork is doing.  If you want
a lower priority, forkAt: or simply create it suspended until ready.