Non-interactive package installation

Tom Phoenix rootbeer at redcat.com
Tue Feb 5 16:45:46 UTC 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 7:54 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, the problems is deeper, in my case: any calls to morphic code is
> not allowed during package installation.

No matter how we write the installation code, it will use *some* class
that doesn't like getting used while it's getting modified. Still, it
would be nice if the installation didn't require such high-level
things as Morphic.

In your situation, I'd try to hack the installation process. It's
probably just some method displaying a progress indicator, or
something like that. It should be pretty trivial to identify and
disable.

I think that's likely to succeed. If you're still stuck, ask again: I
have other ideas, but none of them are especially easy to do or to
describe. If you can share a small file that exhibits this
installation problem, other people (who can thereby replicate the
problem in their own images) may be able to help you see how to
install it.

Good luck with it!

--Tom Phoenix