Squeak on Nokia 800

subbukk subbukk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 06:59:47 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 05 Feb 2008 10:27:32 pm Brian Rice wrote:
> I have a 770 and would be interested in greater integration
> possibilities, like use of the hardware buttons which are numbered
> function keys that Squeak thinks aren't portable enough to support.
Isn't 770 a little underpowered to run Morphic? Do you have any specific
purpose in mind?

Squeak isn't good when it comes to dealing with hardware. There are too many
hardcoded references to PC keyboard layout (like shiftPressed etc.). The VM
needs a plugin to map system-specific keycodes and buttons to soft buttons in
Squeak. Squeak badly needs a soft keyboard.

Subbu