Complexity and starting over on the JVM (was Re: Traits or not...)

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Wed Feb 6 15:35:17 UTC 2008

Laurence Rozier <laurence.rozier at gmail.com>  wrote...

>Given that Squeak's legal status is still being clarified and Disney's role is part of the discussion, making a strong case for why Sun isn't putting themselves at risk would be expensive at best. Disney has a reputation for very effective and aggressive protection of their IP - lawyers everywhere tread very carefully around them. A Sun IP attorney who wants to keep her job has to push back on a research project that could potentially(no matter how remote) step on the lion's tail.

Exactly.  In spite of my cynical description, their concern is perfectly appropriate, and I'm happy to go along with it just to get the thing out.

	- Dan