#fork and deterministic resumption of the resulting process

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Wed Feb 6 23:52:29 UTC 2008

  Michael,

> I think that people are now just saying rubbish to provoke a
> reaction. I wouldn't bother replying.

  Wow, does this "people" include yourself?  What was this email
about?

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-February/125110.html

  You apologized for making a provoking comment there.  Why again?

  And yes, as Andreas wrote, I don't think you understand the problem
Andreas was trying to solve.  And yes, it was started under the
assumption that the current VM behaves in the way it does.  And yes,
Bert has a point: we have the control over the behavior, and
determinism under the assumption has a real practical merit.  Please
re-visit the problem domain this discussion was in.

-- Yoshiki

  BTW, you apologized for making a direct comment but didn't mention
that claiming Andreas' code was buggy and incorrect was wrong.  Is
that still so?