[ANN][Squeak-dev Images] February 2008 versions

David Röthlisberger squeak at c3com.ch
Thu Feb 7 10:28:41 UTC 2008

>> - select a method with the mouse, move with the arrows up and down, the
>> method is still selected. Click on another method and move with arrows,
>> there is three selections ...
>
> This is the side effect of OBmultipleSelectionAdaptor provided by the
> OBEnhancement package... If you shift click on a method, it opens
> another pane with this method... I think this need a refactoring
> especially the way the selection are kept in memory. Could we add an
> inst var for that ? David ? :)

For what exactly you want to add an inst var? For the multiple selected items? For
the current (single) selected item?
The multiple selected items are stored in an inst var in the model, ie. in class
OBMultipleSelectionColumn. The current (single) selected item is already stored in
OBColumn.
The problem with the arrows keys is that they are not properly handled by
PluggableListMorphOfMany. In fact, this class only inherits the behavior of
PluggableListMorph regarding arrow keys. This means that the first element (before
using the arrow key) is still (multiple) selected while the new element after using
the arrow key is selected normally as if only single selection would be possible.
I can adapt this in the context of OmniBrowser to de-select the first (multiple)
selected element after pressing a special key like arrow.

> I'd love to be able to switch to this view in the main OBBrowser but
> the problem seems to be it's dependant to Monticello... Could we have
> something loadable only if monticello is in the image ?

You mean that you only get the package view if Monticello is loaded? Well, this
should be possible to do.

David