Updating Mantis status

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Feb 8 09:28:07 UTC 2008

El 2/7/08 11:32 PM, "Ken Causey" <ken at kencausey.com> escribió:

>> When should an issue be marked resolved?
>
> If it is decided that the issue is not to be fixed for whatever reason
> then immediately.  Otherwise assuming a fix is supplied then the release
> team should mark the issue resolved once the fix is placed within the
> current version of the update stream and they should annotate the report
> with some sort of identifier for the fix as it appears in the update
> stream, currently the update stream number would be sufficient.
>
>> When should it be marked closed?
>
> If the issue has been marked as resolved because there is to be no fix
> and the release team either made that decision themselves or are
> satisfied with that decision then they can go ahead and close the issue.
> If a fix has been supplied and is accepted then when the release team
> issues an image that includes the fix or possibly after the entire
> alpha/beta/gamma process for a version where that version contains the
> fix.  Either would be fine by me.

Sometimes I'm not sure which one, but now is clear when I put some like

> This now is 7156UnimpFixForM5285-wiz.cs and was in updates for 3.10
> Thanks Jerome !

in Mantis, then I should mark as resolved.
When we agree start 3.11, whatever this was, then all resolved should change
to closed if no new notes or new troubles.

>> 4) Where do we discuss issues of how to use mantis
>> better?
>
> Is there something wrong with this mailing list?

No.
But could go to release team list, at this moment means "Discussion about
development of Squeak 3.10" <v3dot10 at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
This way, some less traffic here and people following Squeak fate could read
any news.

Edgar