Gossamer Condor style.

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Sat Feb 9 00:28:16 UTC 2008

  Jerome,

> The Gossamer Condor was Paul MacCready's man powered
> flying machine.

  Ah, that makes the connection, Paul was one of Viewpoints advisors
and I know the story except the name.

> The development style was crash(learn), patch, test,
> crash(learn), patch, test,... in a very tight loop.
> This got his plane to win the prize while the British
> Royal Whatsit folks were still in the
> big-design-up-front stage.
>
> http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/photocredit/achievers/mac0-041
>
> and you may wish to follow the links.
>
> As you may guess, MacCready is one of my modern day
> science heroes.

  Yes.  The trick also is that great thought was put to be able to do
the iteraction fast; such as to make it fixable by duct tapes.  While
others needs months for an iteration, hours to days for him.

  Thank you!

-- Yoshiki